East Stroudsburg University in Pennsylvania, located in the Pocono Mountains, is currently seeking a Manager of the Entrepreneurial Leadership Center.
Req # 1946
Department: Economic Development and Entrepreneurship
Type of Position: Full Time
The Manager of the Entrepreneurial Leadership Center will be responsible for:
· Warrior LaunchPad, manage the student business incubator, recruit and mentor students
· Co-working and designated desk space: manage and coordinate daily operations and recruit participants
· Student Entrepreneurship Club: serve as Club Advisor
· Entrepreneurial Workshop Series: Design, implement and assess entrepreneurial and business support programs/workshops and benchmark best practices in entrepreneurship
· State System of Higher Education Student Business Plan Competition: recruit, market, mentor students and assure compliance with competition guidelines
· Increase campus-wide engagement in entrepreneurial activities through presentations, workshops, etc.
· Marketing: ELC and Business Accelerator programs to stakeholders including students, faculty and community/business/legislative partners
· Social Media: create and coordinate social media and content marketing strategies in collaboration with University Relations
· CRM database: Manage the database for the Entrepreneurial Leadership Center and Business Accelerator and establish trackable metrics to assure advancement and sustainability
· Manage student internships and externships related to the entrepreneurship programs.
· Research and write grants, contracts and proposals
· Prepare reports as required for funders, business partners, etc.
Bachelor’s degree. Minimum of two years of demonstrated experience in the area of entrepreneurship, marketing and working with start-up companies. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong communication/presentation skills in addition to experience in lean startup methodology, and business model canvas. Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups including students, faculty, businesses, and entrepreneurs. Valid driver’s license required.
Master’s Degree in a related field is not required, however, candidates with a master's degree are preferred and may be ranked higher during the applicant review
Typical Work Schedule:
Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 4:30 PM, 37.5 hours per week. Nights and weekends as required.
$45,000 - $55,000 per year plus excellent benefits package. Final salary and selection will be based on experience and qualifications. Final selection will be based on a successful interview and background check. All candidates must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. at the time of employment. Reimbursement for interview and relocation expenses are not available for this position.
Advertisement Period: This position will remain open as applications are being reviewed and until the position is filled.
Annual Clery Crime and Fire statistics report:
East Stroudsburg University (ESU) has made a commitment to ensure the safety of its students, employees and visitors. The annual security and fire safety compliance document is available on the ESU website here: http://www4.esu.edu/about/offices/police/documents/pdf/annual_publication.pdf
If you would like to receive a paper copy of the “East Stroudsburg University Police Annual Clery Crime and Fire Statistics Publication” which contains this information, you can request that a copy be mailed to you by calling (570) 422-3064.
The website and booklet contain information regarding campus security and personal safety including topics such as: crime prevention, fire safety, university police law enforcement authority, crime reporting policies, disciplinary procedures and other matters of importance related to security and safety on campus. They also contain information about crime statistics for the three previous calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by ESU; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus.
East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania (ESU) is located in Northeastern Pennsylvania in the scenic Pocono Mountains and adjacent to the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area. Founded in 1893, ESU is one of 14 university members of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education and has a current enrollment of 6,742. The University offers 55 undergraduate degree programs and 22 graduate degree programs and one doctoral program, the university is poised for continued growth. The surrounding community offers options for suburban, small city, or country living all within a less than two-hour drive to both New York City and Philadelphia.