Stroudsburg University’s Department of Hospitality, Recreation and Tourism Management
is looking for a Tenure Track Assistant/Associate Professor! Located in the
beautiful Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania, ESU’s proximity to New York City
and Philadelphia provide convenient access to internships, careers and social
activities. Just minutes from campus are the country’s largest water parks,
scenic Delaware Water Gap Recreation Area, Appalachian Trail, and other
opportunities for recreational fun.
ESU's Hospitality, Recreation and Tourism
Management Department offers a four-year program
of study that leads to a BS in Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management. The program offers a comprehensive
foundation of courses and an opportunity for students to select elective
courses within specific areas of industry interest to prepare students to excel in the challenging modern-day hospitality environment.
this role, you will need
to be comfortable working with a diverse student population and will teach undergraduate courses such as
lodging management and revenue management. You
will be an active member of the HRTM department
and will work to advise undergraduate students, interact with student
organizations and serve on committees. You will thrive in this role if you like combining your hospitality and management experience and teaching abilities to develop and mentor students. To be successful in this role, you must be innovative, creative and have extensive knowledge of the field.
Will I Do At ESU? (AKA Essential Duties)
- Teach undergraduate courses such as lodging management, revenue management and other related areas as needed.
- Advise undergraduate students studying in Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism Management majors.
- Coordinate relationships and serve as a liaison between HRTM and key industry stakeholders and appropriate industry organizations such as the American Hotel and Lodging Association.
- Work in support with administrative staff and event coordinators on major recruitment and industry focused events.
- Support HRTM department by advanced scholarship through research, peer reviewed publications and presentations or other scholarly activities.
- Interact with student organizations, serve on committees, participate in faculty and curriculum development.
What We're Looking
For (AKA Qualifications)
- Earned Doctorate or ABD in Hospitality Administration or closely related discipline from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent accreditation.
- Professional work experience in hospitality related business operation.
- Experience teaching undergraduate hospitality courses and demonstrated ability to conduct research, services and outreach activities with diverse faculty from a variety of academic and/or cultural backgrounds.
- Extensive and diverse management experience in the lodging industry.
- Evidence of teaching abilities in lodging and related areas.
- Experience working with diverse populations preferred.
- Certified Hospitality Educator (CHE) highly desirable.
- Outstanding benefits package including medical from date of hire, retirement contributions, employee wellness program, and paid leave
- Salary starting at $60,600.21
- Living by the
- Accountable for One's Actions
- Committed to Self-Growth
- Willing to Sacrifice for the Greater Good
- Positive, Honest, and Loyal
- Respectful of the Environment and Community
- Dedicated to Empowering Others
Applicants are to
apply through the ESU Job Portal and are required to attach a letter of application, curriculum vita, statement
of teaching philosophy, unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts
(official transcripts required before appointment), and contact information
including e-mail addresses for three professional references. Final selection
will be based on excellence in scholastic achievement, professional activity, a
review of the candidate’s vita and a successful interview. A teaching
demonstration and portfolio review might be requested. For confidential
reference letters submissions and transcripts through an agency, institution
and/or an individual please mail directly to email@example.com or to the HR Office
at East Stroudsburg 105 Reibman Administration Building 200 Prospect
St. East Stroudsburg, PA 18301.All candidates must provide proof of eligibility
to work in the United States and official transcripts at the time of
employment. Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a
We believe diversity,
inclusion and belonging is key for our teams.
Much like our
academic programs, we are proud to foster a workplace that is unique to higher
education. As an organization focused on diversity, inclusion and belonging, we
are committed to ensuring our employees are comfortable bringing their
authentic selves to work every day. A unique perspective is critical to solving
complex problems and inspiring others.
And yes, legal made
us spell this out…
Must be at least 18
years old and have English literacy skills. Employment with ESU is contingent
on the selected candidate passing a thorough background check that includes:
FBI fingerprinting, PA Child Abuse, and employment. We are proud ESU is an
equal opportunity employer. For more information on President Long's 10
point plan, click