East Stroudsburg University is looking
for Adjunct faculty for the English Department! Located in the beautiful Pocono Mountains of
Pennsylvania, ESU’s proximity to New York City and Philadelphia provides
convenient access to internships, careers and social activities. Just minutes
from campus are the country’s largest water parks, scenic Delaware Water Gap
Recreation Area, Appalachian Trail, and other opportunities for recreational
In this role, you will need to think creatively and be
comfortable working with a diverse student population. You will be an active
member of the English Department and will work to develop and mentor students.
You will thrive in this role if you like combining your teaching experience and
knowledge of best teaching practices while teaching college composition and
college-level writing courses. To be successful in this role, you must be
collaborative, innovative, and flexible.
You may have to flex your schedule from time to time
based on the needs of the business to be a true adjunct faculty member. Distance
learning and/or off-campus teaching opportunities may be possible. When
our team shows up for work, they are energized and motivated to succeed - all
while being the most crucial piece to keeping the ESU operations humming.
What Will I Do At ESU? (AKA Essential Duties)
- Teach college composition and college-level writing courses, which may include introductory literature courses.
- Provide substantive, constructive feedback to students on their written assignments and class performance.
- Meet the course objectives outlined for the specific courses taught.
- Conform to all contractual requirements of the position as outlined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the Association of Pennsylvania State College and University Faculties (APSCUF) and the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education.
What We're Looking For (AKA Qualifications)
- Master’s degree in English required. Terminal degree in English (either a Ph.D. or M.F.A) preferred.
- Relevant teaching experience in college composition and college-level writing courses.
- Demonstrated teaching excellence; knowledge of best-teaching practices in college-level English courses; a record of high scholastic achievement; and strong scholarship and/or creative endeavors in writing.
- Experience working with diverse student populations and experience in teaching distance education preferred.
What We Offer
- Outstanding benefits
by the Warrior Code:
for One's Actions
to Sacrifice for the Greater Good
Honest, and Loyal
of the Environment and Community
to Empowering Others
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Applicants are to
apply through https://esu.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=1&c=esu
and are required to attach a cover letter, curriculum vita, unofficial
undergraduate and graduate transcripts (official transcripts required before
appointment), and contact information including e-mail addresses for three
professional references. Final determination will be based upon a successful
interview, which may include a short teaching demonstration. Failure to submit
all the required materials may lead to the candidate not being considered. For
confidential reference letter submissions and transcripts through an agency,
institution and/or an individual please mail directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or to
the HR Office at East Stroudsburg 105 Reibman Administration Building 200
Prospect St. East Stroudsburg, PA 18301. All candidates must provide proof of
eligibility to work in the United States and official transcripts at the time
of employment. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful
completion of a background check and scheduling needs of the department and
We believe diversity, inclusion and belonging is key for
Much like our academic programs, we are proud to foster a
workplace that is unique to higher education. As an organization focused on
diversity, inclusion and belonging, we are committed to ensuring our employees
are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work every day. A unique
perspective is critical to solving complex problems and inspiring others.
And yes, legal made us spell this out…
Must be at least 18 years old and have English literacy
skills. Employment with ESU is contingent on the selected candidate passing a
thorough background check that includes: FBI fingerprinting, PA Child Abuse,
and employment. We are proud ESU is an equal opportunity employer. For more
information on President Long's 10-point plan, click here: