East Stroudsburg University’s Department
of Sport Management is looking for a Tenure Track Assistant Professor, beginning January 2023. Located
in the beautiful Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania, ESU’s proximity to New York
City and Philadelphia provides convenient access to professional markets, careers,
and social activities. Just minutes from campus are the country’s largest water
parks, scenic Delaware Water Gap Recreation Area, Appalachian Trail, and other
opportunities for recreational fun.
ESU's Sport Management
Department offers undergraduate and graduate programs as well as an accelerated
B.S./M.S. program. Both undergraduate and graduate degree programs
were granted accreditation from the COSMA (Commission on Sport Management
Accreditation). ESU has the only COSMA-accredited graduate program in
Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey. The program offers a comprehensive
foundation of courses and an opportunity for students to work towards careers as
athletics administrators, game day event coordinators and general managers.
In addition to teaching responsibilities, the professor is
expected to supervise internships; advise undergraduate and graduate students;
engage in productive scholarly research which leads to quality referred
publications; and serve on department/university committees. The employee
should also be able to work with industry professionals, alumni, and community
business leaders to create internship and job opportunities for students.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses across the sport management curriculum in all or some of the following areas: Sport Organization and Administration, Sales Strategies in Sport Industry, Sport Law, History of Sport, Theory and Technique of Coaching, as well as other areas of emphasis.
- Responsible for supervising internships.
- Advise undergraduate and graduate students.
- Engage in productive scholarly research which leads to quality referred publications
- Serve on department/university committees
- Performs related work as required.
- An earned doctoral degree (Ph.D. or Ed.D.) in Sport Management, or a closely related field, at least by the beginning of fall 2023 is required. ABDs are welcome to apply.
- Experience teaching sport management courses as the instructor of record in higher education
- Demonstrate evidence or potential for scholarly activities such as publications and presentations.
- Experience and knowledge in COSMA accreditation and previous sports industry experience are preferred.
What We Offer---
- Outstanding benefits package including medical from date of hire, retirement contributions, employee wellness program, and paid leave
- Family Tuition waivers: Every full-time employee will receive a receive a full tuition waiver for all ESU courses for themselves, spouse/domestic partner, and children. Every full-time employee will receive 50% tuition waiver at all PASSHE universities for themselves, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
- Optional membership to PSECU Credit Union
- Community commitment to living by the Warrior Code:
- Accountable for One's Actions
- Positive, Honest, and Loyal
- Committed to Self-Growth
- Willing to Sacrifice for the Greater Good
- Respectful of the Environment and Community
- Dedicated to Empowering Others
Special Instructions to Applicant
Applicants are to apply through the ESU Job Portal and are required to
attach a letter of application, curriculum vita, statement of teaching
philosophy, unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts (official
transcripts required before the appointment), and contact information including
e-mail addresses for three professional references. Full consideration will
be given to applications received by November 1st, 2022, and will continue until
position is filled. Final selection will be
based on excellence in scholastic achievement, professional activity, a review
of the candidate’s vita, and a successful interview. A teaching demonstration
and portfolio review or research presentation will be required. For
confidential reference letters submissions and transcripts through an agency,
institution, and/or an individual please mail directly to email@example.com or to
the HR Office at East Stroudsburg 105 Reibman Administration Building 200
Prospect St. East Stroudsburg, PA 18301. All candidates must provide proof of
eligibility to work in the United States and official transcripts at the time
Must be at least 18 years old and have English literacy skills. Employment with
ESU is contingent on the selected candidate passing a thorough background check
that includes: FBI fingerprinting, PA Child Abuse, and employment/degree
verifications. We are proud that ESU is an equal-opportunity employer. For more
information on President Long's 10-point plan, click here: https://www.esu.edu/president/10-action-plan.cfm
believe diversity, inclusion, and belonging are keys to success for our faculty
We are proud to foster a workplace that is unique to higher education. As an
organization focused on diversity, inclusion, and belonging, we are committed
to ensuring our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to
work every day. A unique perspective is critical to solving complex problems
and inspiring others.