East Stroudsburg University’s
Department of Sport Management is looking for a Tenure Track Assistant
Professor, beginning August 2024. Located in the beautiful
Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania, ESU’s proximity to New York City and
Philadelphia provides convenient access to professional markets, careers, and
social activities. Just minutes from campus are the country’s largest water
parks, scenic Delaware Water Gap Recreation Area, Appalachian Trail, and other
opportunities for recreational fun.
ESU's Sport Management Department offers undergraduate and
graduate programs as well as an accelerated B.S./M.S. program. Both
undergraduate and graduate degree programs were granted accreditation from the
COSMA (Commission on Sport Management Accreditation). ESU has the only
COSMA-accredited graduate program in Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey. The
program offers a comprehensive foundation of courses and an opportunity for
students to work towards careers as athletics administrators, game day event
coordinators and general managers.
In addition to teaching responsibilities, the professor is
expected to supervise internships; advise undergraduate and graduate students;
engage in productive scholarly activities, which lead to quality referred
publications; and serve on department/university committees. The employee
should also be able to work with industry professionals, alumni, and community
business leaders to create internship and job opportunities for students.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses across the sport management curriculum in all or some of the following areas: Sport Facility Management, Sales Strategies in Sport Industry, Legal aspect of Sport, Sport Data Analytics, International Sport, as well as other areas of emphasis.
- Advise undergraduate and graduate students in sport management programs.
- Engage in productive scholarly research which leads to quality referred publications.
- Serve on department/university committees.
- Work with sport industry professionals, alumni, and community business leaders to create internship and job opportunities for students.
- An earned doctoral degree (Ph.D. or Ed.D.) in Sport Management, or a closely related field, at least by the beginning of fall 2024 is required. ABDs are welcome to apply.
- Experience teaching sport management courses as the instructor of record in higher education.
- Demonstrate evidence or potential for scholarly activities such as publications and presentations.
- Experience and knowledge in COSMA accreditation and previous sports industry experience are preferred.
What We Offer---
- Outstanding benefits package including medical from date of hire, retirement contributions, employee wellness program, and paid leave
- Family Tuition waivers: Every full-time employee will receive a full tuition waiver for all ESU courses for themselves, spouse/domestic partner, and children. Every full-time employee will receive 50% tuition waiver at all PASSHE universities for themselves, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
- Optional membership to PSECU Credit Union
- Community commitment to living by the Warrior Code:
- Accountable for One's Actions
- Positive, Honest, and Loyal
- Committed to Self-Growth
- Willing to Sacrifice for the Greater Good
- Respectful of the Environment and Community
- Dedicated to Empowering Others
CLOSE DATE: 11/1/2023
START DATE: 8/19/2024
Special Instructions to Applicant
Applicants are to apply through the ESU Job Portal and are required to
attach a letter of application, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching
philosophy, unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts (official
transcripts required before the appointment), and contact information including
e-mail addresses for three professional references. Final selection will be
based on excellence in scholastic achievement, professional activity, a review
of the candidate’s vita, and a successful interview. A teaching demonstration
and portfolio review or research presentation will be required. For
confidential reference letters submissions and transcripts through an agency,
institution, and/or an individual please mail directly to email@example.com or to
the HR Office at East Stroudsburg 105 Reibman Administration Building 200
Prospect St. East Stroudsburg, PA 18301. All candidates must provide proof of
eligibility to work in the United States and official transcripts at the time
Must be at least 18 years old and have English literacy skills. Employment with
ESU is contingent on the selected candidate passing a thorough background check
that includes: FBI fingerprinting, PA Child Abuse, and employment/degree
verifications. We are proud that ESU is an equal-opportunity employer. For more
information on President Long's 10-point plan, click here: https://www.esu.edu/president/10-action-plan.cfm
believe diversity, inclusion, and belonging are keys to success for our faculty
We are proud to foster a workplace that is unique to higher education. As an
organization focused on diversity, inclusion, and belonging, we are committed
to ensuring our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to
work every day. A unique perspective is critical to solving complex problems
and inspiring others.